Baked Shiitake Mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- White wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Spices: garlic powder and dried thyme
- Fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Chopped parsley for garnish
How to Cook
- Season the mushrooms with a mixture of olive oil, white wine vinegar, and spices.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Then bake for 20 minutes. That’s it!
If you don’t have white wine vinegar, use any vinegar that you do have. Plain distilled vinegar is not as tasty, but red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar will work well in this recipe.
Lemon Garlic Oyester Mushrooms
- 3 cups oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup of loose spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
How to cook
- Either slice or dice the garlic cloves depending on your preference.
- Heat up the oil in a pan with the garlic and sea salt for a couple of minutes
- Add the oyster mushrooms in and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add in the lemon juice and turn the heat down to low-med, cover with lid and let simmer for 5 minutes. The mushrooms should be nice and soft by then
- Add in the spinach, by now you can turn the heat off. The residual heat will soften and wilt the spinach.
- Cover with lid for a few more minutes and voila! Your oyster mushrooms are finished!
Spicy Button Mushrooms
- 500 gm button mushroom
- 2 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 green chilli
- 4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
- 2 capsicum (green pepper)
- 2 tomato
- 3 inches ginger
- 4 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi powder
How to cook
- 1.To prepare this delectable side dish, first wash the button mushrooms thoroughly under running water and pat them dry on a kitchen napkin or towel. Note that you should not soak the mushrooms in water as they tend to absorb water and become soggy. Cut them into slices.
- 2.Cut the capsicums into small pieces too. Also, roughly chop the ginger, garlic, and green chillies. Roughly chop the tomatoes and onions too. Put them all aside.
- 3.Take a grinder jar and add ginger, green chillies, and garlic in it. Grind this mix till it turns into a coarse paste. Transfer to a bowl. Grind tomatoes and onions in a similar manner into a paste and transfer it in another bowl.
- 4.Put a pan on medium flame and heat some oil in it. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Following that, add the coarse paste prepared with garlic, ginger, and green chillies in the pan and mix it well. Let this mix saute for a while.
- 4.Add the onion and tomato paste too in the pan and saute it well till it is cooked. Add spices like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder. Mix everything well once more.
- 6.Let the gravy cook till the oil starts releasing from the sides. Once that happens, add the previously sliced button mushrooms in the pan along with capsicum or green peppers. Let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- 7.Add some water in the pan along with the seasoning of salt. Mix it well and cover the pan. Let it simmer till the mushrooms are cooked.
- 8.Remove the lid and add some fresh cream and mix everything together. Let the vegetable dish cook for a couple more minutes. Now, add kasoori methi and mix it well. Remove the pan from heat.
- 9.Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve at once with a bread or rice preparation of your choice.