How to Cook Creamy Cremini Mushroom Soup Recipe? Get the right information and easy steps from Woodberry Natural.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the sliced cremini mushrooms to the pot and cook for about 5-7 minutes until they release their moisture and start to brown.
Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender in batches to puree until
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the soup over low heat until warmed through.
- Ladle the creamy cremini mushroom soup into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.